Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Aboriginal Cultural Day from a Students' Perspective

On Aboriginal Cultural Day, I started the drumming in front of the school leading the dancers.  I really liked that I got an opportunity to drum.  I wore the vest that I made with Ms. Walls' help.  I chose the design of a bear for the back of my vest.  Then I went outside to help at the fish table.  I put salmon on crackers for the classes to sample.  After that I was rewarded by having pizza for lunch. It was a wonderful day. ~Owen~









On Aboriginal Cultural Day, we got to play the Bone Game in the gym.  We learned that they used this game to teach young Aboriginal people how to go out on the ocean.  We ate bannock and fish.  At the beginning of the day, we all joined the dance and danced around the gym. We really liked making the bracelets.  We loved being able to see and touch the animal pelts.  Thank you Mrs. Walls for organizing this wonderful day for us.  ~Kolten and Lucas~

                  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for contributing to our blog
    Owen, Kolten and Lucas. It is fantastic to hear about the day from you. I am so sorry I wasn't able to attend. It sounds like a fun and eventful day.
    ~Mrs. Reynolds

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats ok mrs Reynols it was a wonderful day you can allways see it next year!! i love this! bloging site!~! its awsome ! :)!


    Owen Eshelby1 :)

    ReplyDelete