Friday, May 11, 2012

Congratulations Maranda!!!

This past weekend, Maranda, one of our grade two students here at Coal Tyee, represented British Columbia at the Bowling Nationals!  Read on to hear all about Maranda's experiences.  We are so VERY proud of her accomplishments!!!! Way to go Maranda!

Maranda, Can you tell us about your weekend?

Maranda: I bowled in St.John's Newfoundland.  I had to take four planes to get there and five planes to get back.  We flew from Nanaimo on a float plane to Vancouver, from Vancouver to Calgary, Calgary to Toronto,  Toronto to Halifax, and Halifax to Newfoundland.   I was bowling for all of Canada. I came second!  The girl who came first was from Prince Edward Island and she was undefeated until she came to me.  Going into day two we were tied for gold.  It was quite exciting because it was my first time trying out for singles and I made it that far.  Next year, nationals will be held in Vancouver and I hope to make it that far again.   I was the youngest girl competing in Nationals.   The girl who won, was 11.  I beat a girl from Quebec by two points.  It was my first time going to Newfoundland and my first time taking a float plane.  One of my favourite things I saw were Newfoundland Dogs. They were black, fluffy, cuddly and big! I am really glad that my family was there with me to cheer me on. I saw a huge iceberg.  It was cracking a little on the side and it broke into two. There was a little tiny piece washed up on the rocks and my cousin touched it! He was the junior boys singles representative for B.C.

4 comments:

  1. Maranda, I was very excited when I heard about this. Mrs. Brittan (Ray's mom) sent me a message on Facebook to tell me the wonderful news. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah Maranda! Very happy for you that you had this amazing experience.
    Urbanoski Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maranda adventures continue I see. We are proud of your Bowling sista!
    Most of all; when reading this article describing you living in the moment is what we are really proud of.
    (By the way bowling lessons family discount?)
    Hope to see you soon.
    Love Auntie Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. now we are in grade 3 and I am still proud of you miss u
    from lily

    ReplyDelete