Monday, May 7, 2012

B.C. Boy's Choir Hits the Stage at Coal Tyee


   

On Friday May 4, the students at Coal Tyee were treated to a wonderful, musical performance by the B.C. Boy's Choir.   One of our very own, Grayson, a member of this choir performed in perfect harmony with the rest of his choir.  We are so very proud him!  Here is an interview I recently had with Grayson ...

  • Mrs. Reynolds:  How long have you been a part of the Senior Boys Choir?
  • Grayson: One year.
  • Mrs. Reynolds: Do you forsee yourself carrying on another year with the choir?
  • Grayson: Yes and next year I will be joining the touring choir.
  • Mrs. Reynolds: What are some of your favourite things about being in the choir?
  • Grayson: Personally, my favourite part is the singing.  But I must also be honest and say that I enjoy the fame aspect of performing in front of large audiences and hearing the applause.
  • Mrs. Reynolds: Do you ever get nervous?
  • Grayson: Sometimes, but usually I just feel okay about it?
  • Mrs. Reynolds: Is it challenging to learn so many new songs?
  • Grayson: Somewhat, but most of the time I just remember it as I go and sing with the rest of the choir.
  • Mrs. Reynolds: Have you travelled to many places with the choir?
  • Grayson: I haven't left BC yet, but next year I hope to travel across Canada with the touring choir.
  • Mrs. Reynolds: How often do you have to practice?
  • Grayson: I practice for an hour every Monday.
  • Mrs. Reynolds: Is there anything else you would like us to know?
  • Grayson: This is a great activity for kids that don't enjoy aggressive sports and activities. Anyone who is interested in joining the choir should visit http://www.bcbc.com/ to see the Boys Choir website.

2 comments:

  1. So proud of the job you did that day, and the work you do at Coal Tyee, Grayson

    Mr. Dhillon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete